CargoTrailerGuide.com and Cargo Trailer Guide, LLC (collectively “CTG”) provides various types of advertising services on its web site CargoTrailerGuide.com. These include but are not limited to classified listings, banner ads, and other types of advertising. This Supplemental TOU establishes guidelines to ensure the quality of the classified advertisements (“Classifieds”).
Users are required to post truthful, complete, and accurate ad listings. We reserve the right to restrict or ban users for any reason whatsoever, especially those users, who in our sole discretion have violated this policy. It is the responsibility of each user to post their own Classifieds listings.
We provide users with the ability to post classified listings and we assume no responsibility for their content or accuracy whatsoever. CTG is not a party to any transaction between users of this web site.
CTG provides CargoTrailerGuide.com (this “Site”) as a platform for users to connect with other users. CTG does not control users who may sell or buy using our Classifieds, nor do we screen, review or authenticate Classified listings and items offered for sale.
Therefore, users of our Classifieds should be aware that:
- We provide these sites as a platform for users to connect with one another. We do not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, nor do we review or authenticate all Classifieds listings and items offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale and exchange of goods or services.
- Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from Classifieds transactions amongst themselves and without our involvement.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in this site.
You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such Advertisers on the site.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE TRAILERS, PARTS, AND OTHER PRODUCTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PRODUCTS”) PROVIDED BY THE ADVERTISER AND TO PHYSICALLY INSPECT THE PRODUCT PRIOR TO COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE(S).
2. General Rules
- Sellers may not use or manipulate CTG services for any fraudulent purpose or activity, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments.
- Sellers shall not spam this Site’s system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on CargoTrailerGuide.com’s system. Seller may not put any material on this Site that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Sellers may not solicit this Site’s users to post ads on other Classifieds sites.
- Sellers are solely responsible for all use of seller’s Classifieds account number and/or password and should not disclose them to any other person. Seller shall not use his/her Classifieds number and/or password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Sellers or buyers may not use our services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools.
- Buyers may not use our site if they have failed to pay for items purchased, unless a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller.
BUYERS SHOULD ASK FOR A COPY OF THE WARRANTY BEFORE ENTERING INTO A TRANSACTION.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to verify and understand the terms of the warranty being offered for the product before completing the transaction.
CTG DOES NOT GUARANTEE PRODUCT PRICES OR AVAILABILITY.
All products are subject to having been already sold and may not be available when you contact the seller. All prices and terms are valid on date of publication only.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know the amount and nature of any deposit or fees prior to entering into any transaction.
Unless a buyer has a specific agreement with the seller, the seller is not required to hold any Product off the market and is free to sell any Product at any time. The act of submitting a purchase request through the CTG Site does not place a hold on any specific Product. In addition, a monetary deposit made by a buyer to the seller is not a guarantee that a specific Product will be available for purchase unless the buyer and the seller specifically agree to such term. It is the buyer’s responsibility to confirm with the Advertiser that the Product will be held off the market until the purchase can be completed. Whether your deposit is refundable or not is subject to your contractual agreement with the Advertiser and/or state law. You should not assume a deposit made by you towards the purchase or lease of a Product is fully refundable.
a. Compliance with applicable laws. Seller may not offer for sale or sell an item to any buyer in a jurisdiction where the item or terms of the sale violates applicable laws or regulations. Further, Seller may not offer for sale any item that violates CTG Policies and Guidelines as described below in “Prohibited Items.”
b. Accurate information. Seller shall truthfully and accurately describe an item they are listing in CTG Classifieds. Seller shall not include any language in their listing or ad title which may cause buyers to be confused or cause seller’s listing to be included in search results to which it does not belong
c. Appropriate category. Seller must list their item in the category that best describes the item. Only one category can be used for each item.
d. Inappropriate advertisement content. Seller shall not link to, post, or include advertisements for goods or other materials that: (a) describe items not offered for sale on this Site, or (b) seller does own or have the right to sell. Seller also shall not include any images or content in seller’s Classifieds listings that are obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, invasive of anyone’s privacy, or otherwise inappropriate.
e. Rights to and possession of item. Seller may not offer any item for sale that (1) seller does not have the right to sell, (2) is not in seller’s possession or (3) does not exist, unless it is clearly stated in the listing. An example of this would be a product that has not yet been manufactured or is custom made.
f. Damage history. Sellers shall disclose prior demonstrative history, frame damage, salvage history, stolen-recovery history, flood damage, and any material cosmetic or mechanical damage defect or irregularity of the item.
4. Prohibited Items
Seller and the buyer are responsible to ensure that the items listed for sale and bought by others are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. In its sole discretion, CTG may delete any Classifieds listings and/or CTG user accounts, which CTG believes are misusing this Site.
NO TYPE OF SERVICE IS ALLOWED TO BE LISTED.
SELLER MAY NOT SELL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Any item that is stolen.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U. S. embargoes against North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Items that have been the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties.
- Any item that is non-transferable
- Any other item that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which CTG determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale on this Site.
5. Listing Restrictions
Any and all Classifieds posts must conform to the following regulations:
- Classifieds cannot discuss issues other than a particular product that is for sale.
- Classifieds cannot be used to promote personal opinions.
- Classifieds must be product-specific, not general in nature.
- You must produce your own listing pictures. Pictures and text found on the Internet may be protected by copyright laws. Your posting should have its own descriptive text, and your own photos.
- Users will not impersonate or misrepresent their association with any person or entity.
- Users will not use fake or counterfeit documents such as manufacturer’s statement of origin (MSO).
- Users are not allowed to collect or harvest any data about other users.
CTG does not allow any form of spam, or anything inconsistent with these Guidelines and the CTG Policies. Users shall not provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent.
CTG may, in its sole discretion, delete Classifieds and/or CTG user accounts, which we believe are misusing our Site. Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities on this Site include, but are not limited to, the following:
Soliciting a user to post an advertisement on another Classifieds site.
- Posting an advertisement in the wrong category.
- Posting identical advertisements in the same category and location.
- Posting a listing with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting an advertisement for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an advertisement that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This includes an advertisement that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the advertisement for more information and then requires the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting an advertisement that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product.
- Posting an advertisement through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
Links to additional terms and rules for this Site are posted at various places within this Site. All terms or rules for this Site may be changed at any time by CTG, in its sole discretion, without notice.
7. Report False or Misleading Listings
Please inform CTG of any Classifieds listing that contains false or misleading information by sending an e-mail to Support@CargoTrailerGuide.com. CTG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what action is necessary.
8. Information Collection and Use
- How We Use Your Information: Your privacy is very important to us. Your information is used for us to communicate with you, operate and grow our business and our site, and improve our products and services. By submitting your contact information, you agree that the phone number you provided may be used to contact you (including autodialed or pre-recorded calls). Consent is not a condition of purchase.
THE CONTENT OF THE ADVERTISEMENTS THAT APPEAR ON THIS SITE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THOSE PERSONS POSTING THE ADVERTISEMENTS. AS SET FORTH IN THESE GUIDELINES AND THE CTG POLICIES, CTG DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT OF THE ADVERTISEMENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE’S CLASSIFIEDS LISTINGS OR IN ANY OF THE PRODUCTS LISTED ON THIS SITE. CTG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY BE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE INFORMATION OR ITEMS CONTAINED IN THE CLASSIFIEDS. CTG DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE.
CTG DOES NOT PROMISE OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY ITEM LISTED WILL BE SOLD USING OUR SITE.
CTG reserves the right to remove advertisements at any time for any reason. Seller is solely responsible for content. By posting an advertisement on this Site, seller agrees that they will not post any content that is libelous, defamatory, or unlawful, or that violates or infringes any trademark, copyright, or similar rights of others.
10. CTG’S Right to Terminate Service
CTG, in its sole discretion, may terminate any Classifieds listing, member’s Classifieds account number, and/or member’s Classifieds password immediately and without notice if (a) CTG believes that seller, buyer or subscriber has acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of these Guidelines, the CTG Policies, or (b) CTG believes seller or buyer has violated or tried to violate the rights of others. CTG reserves the right to change or modify these Guidelines at any time without notice.
In addition to the Policies and Guidelines outlined above, by registering as a you hereby agree to the following:
- All accounts are automatically assessed on a monthly basis.
- Payments are non-refundable. You may cancel your account at any time during the current billing cycle. Upon cancellation, your account will be noted as such and no further billing will take place after the period of which you have already paid. No refunds will be issued for time remaining in a billing period after cancellation.
- Logging on to your account constitutes acceptance to the current month or billing cycle. All cancelations must be in writing and must be acknowledged in writing by CTG billing.
- Accounts will be automatically disabled if payment is not received (10) days past the due date.
- If you logon to your account you accept the billing cycles month to month as billing is automated.
- The only forms approved for automated inventory management is CTG. All other forms of automated updating or managing inventory are strictly prohibited and are a violation of CTG and our TOU.
CTG does not provide refunds on ads and feature ad placements. CTG may, in its sole discretion, consider extending and or adjusting ad subscription and expiration times as good will to any unsatisfied customers. Once the ad expires or the item is sold, no extensions will be provided.
Copyright © 2015 Cargo Trailer Guide, LLC. All rights reserved.