What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies were designed for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) and enable our site or services to function. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device and enable you to easily share content on our site and services and help us serve relevant ads to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline and will be read by our site when you return to the site, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website or use our apps. Any browser loading our Site will receive cookies from us. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings. Unless you register with us, cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally.
We also have implemented and use Google Analytics Display Advertising, specifically the Demographics and Interest Reporting feature to advertise online, sell advertising, and develop content.
We also may use Adobe Flash, which is another technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality. Adobe Flash is capable of storing information on your device (in a file outside of your browser).
Using Cookies for Advertising
Cookies used with ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us collect aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers. Pixels, which are invisible tags placed on our websites, help us understand and improve our service, show you ads, and know when content has been shown to you. Because our pages include advertisements, your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, and these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
In addition to our own cookies, we work with various reputable companies to help us analyze how our Site is used, and to optimize our Website and Apps to deliver the best possible experience.
We think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of CargoTrailerGuide.com, and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below. (Please note that you cannot opt out of our use of Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage as these are necessary for the technical operation of our Site. However, we do not use these technologies to collect any personal data.)
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for our Site. If you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of our Site. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here.
- To opt-out of analysis by Quantcast on our website and other websites, please visit http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
- You can also disable analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device.
- To opt-out of tracking by Scorecard Research on our website and other websites, please visit http://scorecardresearch.com/optouttag.aspx.
- You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising at the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based Your Online Choices. Or you may choose to change your browser settings to opt-out of cookies.
- To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
- To opt-out of location tracking when using our apps, you can use the settings of your device.
Consent to Cookies and Similar Technologies
Copyright © 2015 Cargo Trailer Guide, LLC. All rights reserved.